WHAT IS THE IDEAL TEMPERATURE FOR YOUR HOME THIS SPRING AND SUMMER?
When the temperature climbs, we need to stay cool but not at the expense of our energy bills. Summer’s heat can especially wreak havoc on the family budget. Every member of the family has a special temperature that they like it at whether it is 68 or 78, but sometimes compromise is the answer.
Here are some tips to stay cool while keeping your energy costs down:
- It is recommended on Energy.gov to set your thermostat to 78 degrees Fahrenheit while you and your family are home during the warmer months, but to turn it up to 88 degrees when no one is home. If you have a programmable thermostat, you can program these changes to be made automatically before everyone arrives home. If you do not have a programmable system, it is worth the investment to automate your system.
- Perform an energy audit determining your home’s energy efficiency to ensure that your home remains comfortable and climate controlled. An energy audit can be performed by a professional for a more comprehensive audit or you can do it yourself. Maintain your HVAC system as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure the system is running at full capacity. When your unit is running efficiently, you save more on your energy bill.
- If you have ceiling fans, run your ceiling fans in the evening to supplement the air conditioning. It will help keep your family cool and comfortable while using less energy. However, you have to remember to turn ceiling fans off when you leave the room.
- Use window treatments that are insulating and block out harmful UV rays. The sun can also bleach furniture and hardwood flooring, but the window treatments will assist in climate control.
- When planning your landscape, plant some trees with shade in mind. Shade trees help control the temperature inside the home as well.
AC Ambulance has been serving the Metro New Orleans area, in both residential and commercial properties, for four decades. We have built our reputation on trust and customer service, striving for complete customer satisfaction with our AC installation and repair services. We pride ourselves on having wonderful reviews on Angie’s List and long-standing customers. To learn how AC Ambulance can help you with service repairs or to have a new unit installed, contact us at (504) 467-1400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org