One of the most important part of your Air Condition System is obviously the actual AC Unit, but have you every taken the time to check out your ductwork?
Unfortunately, ductwork does not last forever. Over time, ductwork systems will have to be fixed and repaired. For example, seals loosen, tape and ducts may fall away and some may even become damaged. Below are some of the typical problems that should be inspected:
- Loose duct work will make noise as the air flows.
- Uneven airflow from the diffusers is a sign of air leaks and fallen ducts.
- Uneven temperatures is a sign of inadequate duct insulation.
- Dirt and moisture around the diffusers and debris discharge indicates dirty ducts.
- Musty odors from ducted airflow indicates mold and mildew.
- High energy bills often points to the ductwork.
Don’t waste your money with leaky or uninsulated air ducts. Not only will you waste energy but it will also contribute to poor indoor air quality. If you think your ductwork needs to be inspected, Call AC Ambulance, but you can do a basic inspect using the following tips:
- Make sure you have the proper safety equipment before venturing into the attic or crawl space like a flashlight and safety glasses.
- Look at all of the accessible ductwork for damage and inadequate insulation. Check to see if the insulation is wet or leaking air.
- Look for disconnected or fallen air ducts.
- Look at all of your vents and grilles and air filters. Peer into the ducts and look for debris or mold.
- If anything looks damaged, call a professional HVAC expert to provide you with a solution to improve you HVAC System and air quality.
For more information about a ductwork inspection, or to schedule professional ductwork service for your home or business, contact AC Ambulance Today at 504.467.1400.